The Emilia-Romagna Region set up a new web channel to publish and give access at all the territorial information owned and produced: the GeoPortal is available at https://geoportale.regione.emilia-romagna.it
The Geoportal represents the reference point and hub of "geo-localized" knowledge in support of regional and institutional activities of local governments that operate at the regional level of the individual citizen.
The goal Planetek Italia is carrying out in collaboration with the "Service development of digital and geographic information systems " of the Emilia- Romagna is to ensure the dissemination , use and distribution of data, information and services is a geographical to the public that the staff of the local public administration and / or national . In the implementation we have complied with the more recent directives regional, national (CNIPA, Intesa GIS) and international (INSPIRE, OGC) in terms of interoperability.
GeoER allows the consultation to external web users (anonymous or authenticated on FedERa, the Federate authentication system of Emilia- Romagna bodies) and internal users (authenticated into the system of Identity & Access Management, IAM) .
GeoER therefore provides direct access services to regional mapping exists in the database, provides access to raster and vector maps available and offers a set of functions to support that improve the usability for the user, such as:
- 2D and 3D modes maps navigation,
- integration with the system for the management of urban decay,
- integration with the sales system Map & Bookshop,
- integration with the CMS -GIS Moka to access applications or allow existing cartographic depth analysis,
- data download,
- metadata consultation, through alphanumeric and geographic positioning research,
- the consultation of the data legend themed,
- querying alphanumeric information related to the features,
- the identify of a feature mapping using the search function and spatial queries.
GeoER has already been successfully submitted to a series of usability tests conducted by numerous users.
The intention was to be able to grasp as soon as the need for improvement of the functionality provided by GeoER. Thanks to usability testing and taking into account user feedback, a number of enhancements have been introduced to the user interface which led to the current version.
The Geoportal of Emilia Romagna was officially presented to the event CN-ER Burò 2011 on September 23rd in Ferrara.
Read the article on the BLOG that talks about the Geoportal and this experience.
Watch all the video presentations of the Geoportal
- Geoportal presentation (7'21'' watch on youtube )
Discover the GeoViewER
- Phase 1 - Basic navigation tools (2'56'' watch on youtube)
- Phase 2 - Carthographic layers management (6'36'' watch on youtube)
- Phase 3 - Measurement, printing and scale tools (3'42'' watch on youtube)
- Phase 4 - Analysis and comparison tools (4'44'' watch on youtube)
- Phase 5 - Access to metadati (2'05'' watch on youtube)
- GeoViewER the complete video (15'46'' watch on youtube)