The Junior Software Engineer for Space Applications will be part of the Software Engineering Department of Planetek Hellas. He/She will participate in the development of software projects in the space domain for the European Space Agency and European prime contractors, as well as in the development of Planetek’s product lines. It is an excellent opportunity for a graduate or junior Software Developer to start their career in an exceptionally forward-thinking organization, an important member of the Greek space ecosystem.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Planetek Hellas is a Greek company, founded in 2006, that operates in the field of Satellite Remote Sensing Applications, Spatial Data Infrastructure and Software development for the “on board” and “ground” segment. Planetek Hellas is active in R&D trying to exploit state-of-the-art technologies such as HPC, AI, Blockchain and others with the objective to simplify the complexity of "space". The company is also active in the field of promotion of Earth Observation and Cosmic Exploration data exploitation and pursues close relations with Education and Research Organizations inside and outside Greece. The company has in its portfolio a variety of successful contracts with European Space Agency, through which it has acquired in-depth knowledge of the Agency’s procedures and high-quality requirements. Planetek Hellas is also very active in R&D, participating in many European (FP7, HORIZON) and National research Projects.
The expertise of Planetek Hellas has led the company to strengthen its specific skills related to:
- Earth Observation and Space Astronomy satellite data management, together with processing for both on-board and on ground deployments.
- Data fusion procedures for Earth Observation and Space Astronomy value added products and service deliveries.
- Spatial Data Infrastructure platform for delivery, dissemination and exploitation of geospatial products with a time-tested competence in INSPIRE compliant web deployments.Development of software for the satellite on-board data and image processing.
- Ground Segment Software for Mission Operations digital and innovative solutions.
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will be involved in a series of projects for the space domain for clients such as the European Space Agency or European prime contractors.
At the same time, you will be involved in software development activities, working on the design and implementation of Planetek Hellas’ applications and solutions in the field of on-board data and image processing, ground segment applications and integrated systems for the management, analysis and sharing of land-related information.
As part of the project team, the baseline tasks of the Junior Software Developer include:
- Writing software requirements specifications
- Implementing software systems according to requirements and architecture design
- Testing and validating software systems
- Maintaining and supporting existing software systems
- Writing technical documents and reports at all stages of the software development process.
YOUR BACKGROUND AND EXPERTISE:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant discipline.
- Curious, and pragmatic self-learner
- Analytical and critical thinking, good sense of organization of work
- Strong collaboration skills, work as a team member
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Object Oriented Concepts
- Design patterns
- Experience in languages such as C++, Python, Java
- Configuration management systems
- Agile software development methodologies
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work within in a team and autonomously
- Excellent spoken & written English, other languages advantageous
AN IMPORTANT POINT
At Planetek Hellas results are more important than time and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism, and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
Choose us if you think that a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to work with enthusiasm and if you believe you can make an important contribution toward developing a strategic segment for our company. We are looking for people who bring ideas to the table, aren’t afraid to take initiative, can offer a helping hand to their colleagues when it's needed, provide thought leadership on innovations in EO, and care deeply about our values and philosophies.
Your office will be located in Athens, Marousi but remote activity is also provided.
WHAT WE OFFER
We know that great results can’t be achieved without a phenomenal team. We always look for the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and contributes to innovation.
We believe our people should continuously acquire knowledge and skills, so we are willing to provide you with everything that can help you grow: books, workshops, conferences, and training. Once we get to know each other, we will define your salary package together while also considering your needs.
What we can promise is opportunities, it will be up to you to make the most of them.
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Tell us who you are, what you've accomplished so far in your career, and what your goals are for the near future.
Along with your CV, please provide us with a short note in reply to the following two questions:
- Why would you like to bet on a SME like Planetek Hellas?
- Why should we bet on you?
Write us, exclusively in English at jobs @ planetek.gr (remove blank spaces). If your profile matches the one we’re looking for, we will contact you to get to know you better.
Please use the following reference in the subject of your email: Ref. Junior Software Engineer